Our Philosophy – “No Surprises”
Financial Wellness for employees is one of the newer members of the corporate wellness world but one that is now proving to be the best attended and most popular wellness events in organisations.
The reason, I guess, is that every employee gets paid and every employee would like to be able to manage their money more effectively. Nobody wants to experience financial stress. Financial planning is the solution but, unfortunately, we still don’t teach our kids how to plan financially in our schools.
Our financial wellness programme is built upon a concept called “No Surprises”.
It’s simple really. Let me explain.
- We don’t believe an employee should ever encounter a Financial Surprise in their lives. Ever.
- We don’t believe an employee should arrive at retirement and not know exactly how much their tax-free lump sum will be or how much their regular income for life will be.
- An employee should never encounter illness and be unable to pay their bills. They should never be in a situation where a medical problem becomes a financial problem.
- We don’t believe an employee should overpay tax.
- We do believe an employee should overpay their mortgage, if affordable.
- We also think that employees should never arrive at the time in their lives when their kids go to college and be surprised by the associated costs.
“No Surprises” is a philosophy that is at the very centre of our Employee Financial Wellness programme as it shows employees how to identify, target, and quantify their own future financial needs.
We show employees how to breaks those events down into short, medium, and long-term goals and then set some money aside for them from their monthly income. Employee Financial Wellness also educate employees on the most effective methods of targeting those future events and arriving at them fully prepared.
Life is more pleasant when employees have that sense of financial freedom, knowing that all of the household financial needs are being targeted and worked towards.
Employee Financial Wellness teaches employees how to build their own financial plans and when employees need a little more guidance then we are here to help them through our on-site individual clinics. These clinics allow employees to ask the questions that they would not like their colleagues to hear!
The end results? Well, not only do we give employees confidence in making personal financial decisions, but we help them to feel at ease and less stressed, safe in the knowledge that their financial future is being looked after.
Plan for Tomorrow, Live for today!
I hope you found this article useful. If you have any tips or comments you want to share on financial stress please do. I am always happy to hear from readers.
In the meantime keep up to date with all matters related to Employee Financial Wellness by signing up to our Newsletter.